What are you GRATEFUL for?

"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone." ~G.B. Stern

I have decided to start this gratitude blog for several reasons. I have found that lately I am rarely grateful for all that I have and find reasons to feel ungrateful. I have also seen, via facebook and other sites that I am not alone. Many of us find so many reasons to complain. I hope this blog inspires us, even for one moment of the day, to say "thank you" for even one blessing in our life. My goal with this blog is to share at least one moment of gratitude, even on my very worst day. I hope that you will feel inspired to share with us what you are grateful for and together we can help lift and change the way we feel about our everyday lives and be a more grateful people.

"Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture." ~Kak Sri

Monday, March 21, 2011

March 20, 2011

Yesterday I had the awesome opportunity to go to Stake Conference. I love Stake Conference. I am always able to get so much out of it...well, sometimes with the kids it is a little hard...but for the most part I am always able to enjoy it. I want to say thank to my husband for REALLY letting me enjoy yesterday's conference. I was in the choir, so I had to be there early and stay up in the stands. Flavio got the girls ready, and took them to a totally separate building, which allowed me to completely concentrate on the meeting. I was thrilled to be able to fully enjoy the meeting, especially when our main speaker was Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi. I served my mission in Japan, so my heart has been very tender towards the Japanese people for the last couple of weeks. He was so fun to listen to and I felt the Spirit so strongly as he bore his testimony. I really needed that time yesterday. I am grateful, not only for the ability to go and listen to men called of God, but also for my husband who let me for this week, really be able to listen. Usually I am with the girls while Flavio sits up on the stand with his bishopric calling. So yesterday was a GREAT break and I am truly grateful for it :)

lol

niki

No comments:

Post a Comment