What are you GRATEFUL for?

"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone." ~G.B. Stern

I have decided to start this gratitude blog for several reasons. I have found that lately I am rarely grateful for all that I have and find reasons to feel ungrateful. I have also seen, via facebook and other sites that I am not alone. Many of us find so many reasons to complain. I hope this blog inspires us, even for one moment of the day, to say "thank you" for even one blessing in our life. My goal with this blog is to share at least one moment of gratitude, even on my very worst day. I hope that you will feel inspired to share with us what you are grateful for and together we can help lift and change the way we feel about our everyday lives and be a more grateful people.

"Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture." ~Kak Sri

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011

I know I have skipped a couple of days...let's just say I have felt better physically. Anyway, I think, due to the fact that I have felt yucky, coming up with "grateful" items is truly harder. And then I started to think about my body and the pain I felt. I thought of my baby's body and prayed that she will come out with ten fingers and ten toes.

What an amazing thing: the body. And what is more amazing? The promise of the Resurrection. I thought of this over the weekend and was filled with hope as I pondered about having a perfect body. A body that never feels pain again, a mind that will be clear and complete, to never feel tired or hungry. What a miracle that will be. I am grateful for my body, as I know there are many others who suffer way more than I ever have. But I am more grateful for the hope of that perfect body. What a blessing and what a gift. I am grateful that my Savior overcame death for me and for you. He did his job...and so we will be forever blessed.

lol

niki

No comments:

Post a Comment